[Gllug] Apache Now not PHP

Bruce Richardson brichardson at lineone.net
Wed Jul 25 13:44:45 UTC 2001

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Original Message <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

On 7/25/01, 12:37:01 PM, "Jackson, Harry" <HJackson at colt-telecom.com>
wrote regarding [Gllug] Apache Now not PHP:

> Hi all

>       I managed to get my PHP script to upload word documents to the C
> drive but I want all documents to be loaded onto a Shared Drive s:/ .
I have
> tried this but I think that Apache is not allowing me to do this
because of
> permissions. I have access to the drive normally but I am not sure
what I
> need to do to allow apache to access it. this is of course if apache
is
> causing the problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Do you have Apache running on NT, then?  Apache on Unix doesn't run as
a priveleged user and I expect it's the same on NT.  In which case
you'll need to find out what user apache runs as and grant it rights.

>       Also the place were I want to store the data has a file path
with
> spaces in it ( I have tested without spaces for problem 1 ) and I was
> wondering will the PHP script accept these or will I have to create
the
> directory again with a filepath name with no spaces.

So long as the webserver can deal with it, php should.  Spaces aren't
ideal, though, as it foxes some browsers.

--

Bruce

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk