[Gllug] Editors

David Freeman freemadi at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jul 29 16:34:07 UTC 2001

 --- Stig Brautaset <stig at brautaset.org> wrote: > David Freeman
<freemadi at yahoo.co.uk> writes:

> > > You could use the -n option to stop vim writing a swapfile, if
> > > you're worried about plaintext in the swapfile.
> >
> > I think I will do so.
>
> Huh? I thought us linux guys and gals were all for open source and
> stuff...

This is true, however, there are certain parties who would disagree
with our values. These parties have considerably more claut than us and
as such have the law on there side, specifically the RIP bill. Now by
running StegFS you have the plausible deniability aspect which is most
attractive, however there is no point using a one time pad and putting
your scratch pad in the bin.

Thanks

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk