LILO Re: [Gllug] sync,sync, init 0

William Palfreman william at apoapsis.com
Fri Jul 13 08:42:08 UTC 2001

Ok then, what happens to, say, a new LILO at this point?  Until I learnt
not to do it, I used to do a new LILO, then sync, then reboot, and often
as not the new LILO  wouldn't get written - disappointing when you wanted
to play with your shiny new kernel.  Now I do some mindless disk activity
before rebooting, like du -h /, and LILO gets written.  What it the Right
Thing here?

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk