[Gllug] Ahh back at last.

john.hearns at framestore.co.uk john.hearns at framestore.co.uk
Sun Jul 8 15:00:54 UTC 2001

bredroll at nereus.host4u.net wrote:

> Did everyone consider expo a success for gllug ?

I thought it was a great success.

Though can I say that if we do similar things in the future
we should get some good demos together first?

Richard and I brought along iPaqs, which were a great hit,
and drew a lot of people to the stand.
People like to see new things.
If I'm doing this again, I'll make sure to get some good demos
running on it first, and a prepared spiel on how to put Linux on
them, and where to get more info.

Another for instance for a demo would have been the cluster ideas.
IBM upstairs had a whole rack-mount cluster running, ho-hum,
PVM-POVRAY. We could have done just as good, if not better.
Maybe what we should do for next time is call for volunteers,
and have a quick 'demo-planning' meeting?

And of course NEXT TIME I will not bring a rapidly deflating Tux.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk