[Gllug] How M$ Will Own The Net

James R. R. Tullett jamest at iotia2.demon.co.uk
Mon Jun 25 22:36:28 UTC 2001

On Friday 22 June 2001 10:36 am, Axel wrote:

> "Dear The Register
>
> Your Internet license is due for renewal in two weeks. Please
> contact your local Microsoft branch for an extension. If you do not
> pay within 30 days of the termination date, we will downgrade your
> connection. There will be a $500 reconnection charge.
>
> Yours,
> Microsoft Corporation"
>
> --
>
> Just read this:

Almost, but not quite believable.
The site is very *quiet*.  Have we seen the last of the Vultures?
Or have they just downed all the servers and scooted off for some
sun?

> ...'information wants to be free!'

Not if it's registered as a .[ENT]{3} application!!!

> I don't think any one company will ever own the Internet.
> But then again the lines are owned by the telco's and if M$
> would buy them out... never mind.

The Internet will be the property of the United Nations, an operating
division ofNO CARRIER

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk