[Gllug] Smartlink / Archtek Modem

Andre Newman andre at walkabout.cix.co.uk
Wed Jun 27 03:23:33 UTC 2001

Axel Segebrecht wrote:

> Has anyone got a Smartlink (Archtek) 5634PCV SurfRider
> (hardware PCI) modem?

No, but..

> I'm trying to get mine to work on Mandrake 7.2 (KDE),
> however HardDrake only shows it as an unknown device.
>
> Got it to work this morning but after the reboot it
> failed to initialize again :(

This sounds awfully familiar, I was trying to get a topic
PCI modem working on a friends SUSE 7.1 system. It worked
sometimes then not others! The "fix" in the end was to do
a "setserial /dev/ttyS2 io blah irq blah autoconfig".
The combination of specifying the io, irq and autoconfig
did the trick, miss one off and it was unreliable again.

Probably totally irrelevant but yah never know :-)

I then spent the next day or so trying to find out where
suse had moved all of the startup scripts to :-( so I could
get it to start on boot.

Andre

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk