[Gllug] A Bit KT7 and NT

Jackson, Harry HJackson at colt-telecom.com
Tue Jun 26 11:04:23 UTC 2001

Hi all,

	Had a wonderful time last night after my Win98 decided that it was
adverse to booting on my PC. After several attempts I finally gave up and
had to make an emergency phone call. One thing led to another and I now have
NT on my machine (hopefully more reliable than 98). I have a backup of my OU
work because I was using raid on the PC but NT refuses to play ball and
insists on using the IDE channels. My question is how do I get NT to use the
A Bits Onboard Raid. I imagine I have probably got to get some drivers etc
but I am loath to try it and find that I am back at reinstalling. A little
Bird told me last night (Dean) that there is someone on this list who may
have done it and for the price of a few beers may be persuaded to sort it
for me.

	I have also been advised to get vmWare because it works a treat and
you can effectively rollback any fsck ups. Is there a special price if you
are a Student and does being a member of the OU count as one.

Regards;
Harry Jackson.

COLT Telecommunications
Registered in England No. 2452736
Registered Office: Bishopsgate Court, 4 Norton Folgate, London E1 6DQ
Tel. 020 7390 3900

relationship between COLT Telecommunications, its subsidiaries or
affiliates ("COLT") and you. Internet communications are not secure
and therefore COLT does not accept legal responsibility for the
contents of this message.  Any view or opinions expressed are those of
the author. The message is intended for the addressee only and its
contents and any attached files are strictly confidential. If you have
received it in error, please telephone the number above. Thank you.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk