[Gllug] MS IntelliMouse Explorer

Xander D Harkness xander at harkness.co.uk
Thu Jun 28 10:17:05 UTC 2001

My /etc/sysconfig/mouse file reads as below.

MOUSETYPE="imps2"
XMOUSETYPE="IMPS/2"
FULLNAME="Microsoft IntelliMouse (PS/2)"
XEMU3=no

This is the default setting for and M$ Intellimouse under RH7.1

All of the gnome and kde apps work with the mouse perfectly.

XF86Config file reads as:

Section "Pointer"
    Protocol    "IMPS/2"
    Device      "/dev/mouse"
    ZAxisMapping 4 5

Netscape does not work; however I have been using nightly build of Mozilla for
a while now (mainly as it works with the company M$Exchange LDAP server)

Cheers
Xander

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk