[Gllug] converting Konqueror bookmarks to Mozilla

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Mon Nov 12 12:35:20 UTC 2001

On Sun, Nov 11, 2001 at 11:12:51PM +0000, Steve Cobrin wrote:
> Ok, I'm lazy and have only been looking around for 30 mins, but...
>
> How do I convert Konqueror's bookmarks.xml to Mozilla/Netscape's
> bookmarks.html.
>
> Also does anybody know of any decent bookmarks editor, as I've a very large
> set of bookmarks > 5,000 to sort through

Well, Konq stores the bookmarks in an XML file, and Mozilla uses some
pretty basic HTML-a-like (could even be XML) so a little perl hack
should be all that you need (HTML::Template could come in handy ;)

Cheers,

Simon

--
"Even had to open up the case and gaze upon the hallowed peace that
graced the helpdesk that day." -- Megahal (trained on asr), 1998-11-06

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk