[Gllug] UK hit by major ADSL outage

Pete Ryland pdr at pdr.cx
Wed Nov 21 15:07:55 UTC 2001

Actually, from what I gather, ADSL will adjust its frequencies on the fly
based on whereever gets the best S/N ratio.  So adding in interference or
changing the impedance won't affect the line.  A very high impedance tap in
parallel with the line won't change the overall impedance anyway.

However, since we're talking about a PPP encaps, it's all encrypted, using
three-way handshake so it is immune even to person-in-the-middle attacks.
Or is it?

Pete

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk