[Gllug] Star office

Rob Andrews rob at impure.org.uk
Wed Nov 21 22:19:01 UTC 2001

[21-Nov-2001 20:18.01 (GMT) / Kim Hawtin]
 > whats happening with star office 6?
 > i have been told that its shipping in beta ...

[~] -> ls -lh archives/so-6_0-beta-bin-linux-en.bin
-rwxr-xr-x    1 nine     users        119M Nov 14 12:14 archives/so-6_0-beta-bin-linux-en.bin

This one?

It's very good. Componentised. Lost the silly 'start' bar. Uses normal X
typefaces (hence any truetypes installed just appear instead of requiring
preconfiguration). Anti-aliasing (I was CV-twiddling the other day, and it
was very attractive).

I don't know a huge amount about it, but there's something to do with gtk+
in there. The fact that it's linked against glib and gtk+ gives it away,
firstly. Although it's still using the same UI I've seen before, so I can't
actually tell if it's being used anywhere.

--
* only the good die young. the rest are forced to code perl for eternity *

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk