[Gllug] RedHat

Mike Brodbelt mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk
Sun Nov 4 14:47:41 UTC 2001

"Jackson, Harry" wrote:

> [...]

One way to do this is to set up an IMAP account, and then have Outlook
look at both that, and the local PST file. You can then drag and drop
mail to move it out of the PST onto the IMAP account. Once it's on an
IMAP server, you can easily access it and re-archive it from the Linux
side of things.

> He is also the one who first
> asked me about Linux because he does not want to pay for Windows anymore.
> Believe it or not I did not prompt the bloke he is just genuinely fed up
> with it and is looking at alternatives. He asked me if I would recommend
> migrating straight to it and I had to say no, this had more to do with the
> fact that he has been conditioned into Windows and would find that it would
> probably be to steep a learning curve to move completely.

If you set him up with GNOME, Evolution for mail, StarOffice 6, and a
nice desktop, he might find it less of a learning curve than you think.
You'd probably spend 3 months anwering all his questions though, until
he got the hang of the system himself....

Mike.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk