[Gllug] NVidia dualhead twinview

Roberto D'Amico rdamico at metascybe.co.uk
Wed Nov 14 09:52:47 UTC 2001

For what it's worth:

I've recently setup my TNT2 using the latest nVidia drivers (btw, thanks
Richard Pounder).
The latest drivers are 1.0-1541, http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?PAGE=linux

There is an entire section in the "Readme & Intsall Guide" about setting up
TwinView,
http://www.nvidia.com/docs/lo/1021/SUPP/README.txt

Browsing forums/reviews there is a general view that both the ATI Radeons
with HydraVision and GF2s with TwinView
pale[1] in comparison to Matorx (G450/550) implmentation, DualHead[2][3].

Hope this helps,
Roberto

[1]: Both HyrdaVision & TwinView you are limited on the resoltions you can
use on second monitor. Where as, If I remember correctly, the DualHead is
not or is much less so.

[2]: Matrox G550 Linux driver page:
http://www.matrox.com/mga/support/drivers/files/linux_09.cfm

[3]: A Matrox G550 Review here: