[Gllug] Microsoft don't acknowledge Linux trademark.

Steve Nicholson steve.nicholson at yoursolutions.com
Tue Nov 6 22:31:28 UTC 2001

Interesting article, I get the feeling they are trying to stop people
from telling everyone what M$ vulnerabilities are by being responsible!?
Give me a break..

"Responsible Handling is Key
This is not a call to stop discussing vulnerabilities.  Instead, it is a
call for security professionals to draw a line beyond which we recognize
that we are simply putting other people at risk.  By analogy, this isn’t
a call for people for give up freedom of speech; only that they stop
yelling “fire” in a crowded movie house."

I don't think this is a very good analogy, if I was in a crowded movie
house and that was the problem I would be happy for someone to shut
"fire".  I think he means we should stop showing movies on how to light
fires to protect people from getting burnt.  I do appreciated what he is
saying, stopping telling people how to exploit these vulnerabilities and
it will make the world a safer place.  Then we will all live in a false
sense of security and M$ will take control.

And yes I think they should have acknowledged the Linux trademark.

Steve.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk