[Gllug] More Microsoft FUD

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Wed Nov 7 17:02:36 UTC 2001

On Wed, Nov 07, 2001 at 04:54:29PM +0000, Richard Hillesley wrote:
> On Wednesday 07 November 2001 16:33, you wrote:
> > On Wednesday, 7 Nov 2001, David Damerell wrote:
> > >http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~ddamerel/sakcomp.txt
> >
> > http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~damerell/sakcomp.txt
> >
> > Sorry.
> Did anybody else notice the Kerberos excerpt:
>
> "Windows 2000 supports Kerberos security, which provides a state-of-the-art
> user authentication. It is widely accepted that Microsoft has the current
> reference implementation of Kerberos in Windows 2000."
>
> "Kerberos can be installed on Linux, but only as an extra feature., and the
> fact that Kerberos is not a standard feature in Linux leads to
> versioning problems. By contrast, all OS and security patches are
> immediately posted to the Microsoft Website-much better than Linux-, which
> would require having to get the fixes from any number of vendors who are
> providing the various pieces of a Linux deployment".
>
> I don't know where to start on that  :-)

It's an enormously clumsy use of English, to the point of making no
sense what-so-ever, would be favourite....

I hate it when people post official documents without reading them
aloud first.

Cheers,

Simon

--
"Cloning forces us to ask some hard questions. For example, which person,
the original or the clone, gets to wear the goatee and be evil?"

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk