[Gllug] libstdc++2.8.0 & rpm hatred

Jim Bailey jim at lateral.net
Fri Nov 16 10:25:00 UTC 2001

Hi,

this is a bit (ok quite a bit) out of my depth but from what little I know
I would say you need gcc2.8 to compile the older stuff.  I think and
therefore I am wrong ;-) that the error that you are getting is possibly
similar to the problem Redhat user got with the weird gcc release with
Redhat 7.0.  I hope this helps and if I am completly wrong tough ;-P this
advice comes with absolutely no warranty as per the GPL.  Best of luck
mate and respect for having a go.

Peace Jim

"Why use a JPEG for the listings instead of text?
Because I want precise control over the layout. And because it seriously
annoys "real ale" Internet users who do all their browsing on text-based
hand-held calculators, and that arouses me."
--TV Go home FAQ

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk