[Gllug] 2.4.15

Pete Ryland pdr at pdr.cx
Mon Nov 26 00:12:59 UTC 2001

Also, look into the debian package "kernel-package" which will greatly
simplify kernel compilation and installation.

After unpacking and configuring a kernel with "make menuconfig" or similar,
you then run make-kpkg with appropriate arguments and it will create a
debian package which you can install with dpkg.  I have this working with
extra patches and nvidia modules with no hassles, and when the deb installs,
it will install the kernel and modules and reconfigure lilo if desired (just
like the standard kernel-image debs).

Pete

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk