[Gllug] Star office

Nix nix at esperi.demon.co.uk
Wed Nov 28 00:22:01 UTC 2001

On Sat, 24 Nov 2001, Stig Brautaset moaned:
> * Nix <nix at esperi.demon.co.uk> spake thus:
>> (if anyone can tell me why I'm wrapping everything in parentheses, I'd
>>  be interested to know. I'm sure I had a good reason to do it, I'm just
>>  not sure what it was.)
>
> ('cause (lisp (programmers (do (it (with (paranthesis)))))))

(actually,
  (we (do it)
      (with indentation)
    (just like everybody else)))

(starring `we' as an `if' statement, and `actually,' as a `progn'.)

>> (i need coffee.)
>
> See, that might be a valid reason too..

The coffee pot broke; but now we have replaced the coffee machine with a
programmable electric coffee grinder (!) and a thermos coffee press
(which I didn't even know they made).

It makes sense for coffee fanatics to have decent coffee kit.

(Anyone for a chocolate-covered coffee bean?

 of course the only person who can take me up on this is Kieran;
 Kieran, have a bean. :) )

> Registered Linux User 107343

I'm number thirty-thousand-and-something. I lost the number as soon as I
got it, whoops. Not exactly important.

--
`The situation is completely under control. All of them were killed.'
     --- Alim Razim, for the Northern Alliance, demonstrating fine

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk