[Gllug] new railtrack screens

Paul Brazier pbrazier at cosmos-uk.co.uk
Tue Nov 13 15:12:05 UTC 2001

> i cant beleive theyd have one box per screen because they
> queue, ie: the
> leftmost screen usually holds the next train to go, when it goes the
> screens all shuffle along... it would be *horrible* to do that using
> separate boxes!
>
> they also have similar screens on the platforms and summary screens
> elsewhere in the station... there must be about 30-40 screens at
> reading... imagine 30-40 screen licenses for NT <shudder>

I saw people fixing those screens you get in Sainsbury's to collect
those free points customer loyalty things. I thought they'd be some
custom built device but inside the cabinet there's a standard monitor
and a PC minitower type box.

the originator.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been checked
for the presence of computer viruses.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk