[Gllug] ssh tunnel

Jon Masters jonathan at jonmasters.org
Mon Nov 26 15:27:50 UTC 2001

On Mon, 26 Nov 2001 robin.c.smith at bt.com wrote:

> 3. Login to my home box and run sessions through the ssh session to work
>    so that I can access work via my fast cable modem.
>
> Any suggestions?

Follow the ssh tunnel HOWTO for a start. I tend to also use the following
when not on my regular desktop box for a quick hack:

ssh -v -C -L4022:$INTERNALBOX:22 jcm@$COMPANYGATEWAY
ssh -v -C -X -p 4022 jcm at localhost

I'm setting up a FreeSWAN gateway as well as perhaps a CIPE setup too and
some of the non-techs might want to use their laptops abroad with that.
Just because I'm nutty I also plan to run a couple of gateds in the
various places I connect in from and make a routed virtual network...

--jcm

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk