[Gllug] Duplicate Debian setup

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Tue Nov 6 19:08:05 UTC 2001

On Tue, Nov 06, 2001 at 07:09:26PM -0000, Steve Nicholson wrote:
> > If I end up hacking together a natty script to do this, then you're
> > welcome to a copy. The "nano-second's worth of thought" version
> > suggests forcing a download of every installed package and extracting
> > everything that I want from apt's cache....
>
> You could always download the unofficial woody and sid releases if you
> have bandwidth to burn at your work, might take a bit long over ADSL.
>
> ftp://ftp.fsn.hu/pub/CDROM-Images/debian-unofficial
> http://ftp.fsn.hu/pub/CDROM-Images/debian-unofficial
> rsync://ftp.fsn.hu/cdimages/debian-unofficial
>
> there is a mirror of this as well.

Looks interesting. Just finished downloading the .debs that I needed
after chucking out a quick one-liner, so this'll be faster. If I make
a pig's ear of it, the unofficial discs look like the way to go.

Thanks for the pointer!

Cheers,

Simon

--
[Regarding "Highlander II"] "In an experiment to determine the
precise amount of beer required to enjoy this film, I passed

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk