[Gllug] Linux training in the US

Ms. Lene Jensen ljensen at redhat.com
Thu Nov 8 17:58:08 UTC 2001

On Wed, 7 Nov 2001, Richard Cohen wrote:

> Quick question - can anyone suggest a company in the US who can do Linux
> training (not certification)?  After user/admin stuff, e.g. samba - probably
> best if they could do a (at least partially) custom course.

Well, Red Hat does training, have a look at

	http://www.redhat.com/training/

We do training in 21 american cities.  As it has been mentioned on this
list, the training is leading up to a certification, but most delegates
never take the exam itself.

There are 5 courses leading up to certification, and you can enter at your
own level.  The 5th course is the fast track to certification, and is
targeted at the exam, all the other courses are designed to teach Linux to
delegates.  The courses are very focused, we cram a lot into them.  They
are all 4 days, except the fast track, where day 5 is the actual exam
itself.  Pass rate on exam is less than 50% (it is performance based).

LJ - Not wearing a Red Hat (not trying to sell.  Or would it be trying not
to sell?)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk