[Gllug] Public IPs - When are they appropriate

Richard Cottrill richard_c at tpg.com.au
Mon Nov 12 16:03:50 UTC 2001

I quite like the whole peering concept of my toaster having a public IP
address. It's nice to think that in some way my toaster can be on the same
level as the Big Iron out there :)#

I think there's a whole space out there for the under-appreciated 'little
iron'. For me there's a whole political/philosophical bent to public IP
addresses and their use.

While we're debating this sort of thing I think it would be quaint to ask if
anyone would care to share their experiences with IPv6. Actually - how would
someone go about setting up IPv6 (for any major OS) and what progs could
they run across it?

Anyone?

Richard

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk