[Gllug] Tax write-offs

Xander D Harkness xander at harkness.co.uk
Fri Nov 9 14:23:39 UTC 2001

If Microsoft 'give' away licences to libraries for web browsing then it
does cost them for a few copies of the windows CDs.

They may not give the support, they can charge and make a profit on
that.  It maybe they make more than the original sale.

If the libraries were intending to use Linux and Opera in fullscreen
mode then Bill can say, I have given away 20,000 x US$100 though it has
only cost him 1,000 x US$0.20 - One CD to each library with 2 computers
at 20c per duplication.

With US tax laws he gets what he pretends to give.

Cheers
Xander

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk