[Gllug] Idea for meeting

Formi rcarrera at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Nov 8 00:27:30 UTC 2001

 Hi, may I prise dproxy.

 dproxy, minimalistic smart dns caching proxy for use on gateway machines
 whith non-permanent connections. Support for PPP, Ethernet, ISDN and
 DHCP.

 It safely returs a DNS error, when no connection is active, pre-caches
 all entries in /etc/hosts, and provides acces to all cached entries when
 offline.

 Ideal for home networks.

 dproxy-nexgen 22.601 Bytes source tar.gz

 Available at sourceforge.net.

 I used to use pdnsd but is much bulkier...

 Tiny, only conf needed is DNS ip number.

 Verdict: Unix philosophy to its best.

                                                           Formi.

 P.D.: I am going to test it with Squid.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk