[Gllug] converting Konqueror bookmarks to Mozilla

John Hearns john.hearns at framestore.co.uk
Mon Nov 12 12:06:54 UTC 2001

On Mon, 2001-11-12 at 11:30, Richard Cohen wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Nov 2001 itsbruce at uklinux.net wrote:

> The other thing I'm thinking of is Pine being able to store it's address
> book on an IMAP server, so you get your mail and address book in the same
> place.  I don't actually use that with Pine - although maybe I should -
> since I tend to only access work mail at work, and home mail by logging into
> the box where the mail spool lives...

The buzzword you are looking for here is 'ACAP'
Application Configuration Access Protocol
Used for remote storage of bookmarks, address books and settings.

http://asg.web.cmu.edu/acap/

It is in RFC 2244
http://ietf.org/rfc/rfc2244.txt

ACAP is quite a new thing - so I don't know how many clients and servers
yet support it.

I gather from the Orielly IMAP book that there is also an older standard
for
IMAP configuration and address book storage called IMSP.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk