[Gllug] RedHat

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Thu Nov 1 13:09:50 UTC 2001

On 11/1/01, 12:11:25 PM, "Jackson, Harry" <HJackson at colt-telecom.com> wrote
regarding [Gllug] RedHat:

> Hi all

> After the nightmare I had yesterday with redhat I have finally managed to
> demonstrate it to several people (none of this is official and IT do not
> know about it) and the general consensus was one of Disbelief and quotes
> like

> I thought it was a bunch of edjits playing around that made Linux

Fair enough

> It was then followed by the following more inquisitive line of
questioning.

> How can I read my Outlook mail using this (to which I have no idea)

Recent threads on this subject.  Basically, Exchange has IMAP and POP
interfaces that can be activated.  Or you could set up an smtp server on
your linux box and have the Exchange server forward your mail to it.

> Can I dual boot and how can I do this.
> Is it compatible with MSOffice

> I am seriously considering showing this to a few people in the know here
and
> mentioning that it will "SAVE MONEY" but as most IT departments rely on
> Windows because that is what they know and also what they earn their
money
> from then I will probably be told to get the thing off the PC before it
> spreads and infects everything or some equally inane comment. Breathe
"That
> was one hell of a sentence"

As an IT staffer I say you are an evil person.  As a penguinista I say
"Onwards and Upwards, comrade".

--

Bruce

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk