[Gllug] new railtrack screens

Jon Masters jonathan at jonmasters.org
Tue Nov 13 13:54:09 UTC 2001

On Tue, 13 Nov 2001, SteveC wrote:

> Run NT...

...and so did a lot of the older ones.

> I saw a couple booting at Birmingham yesterday.

I went and spoke to a bunch of engineers last year when they were
installing some - of course I used the moment to get some advocacy in, but
it's hardly their decision...

> The screens are  side on, to make them tall.

Like the ones in Paddington but not as nice, Birmingham station has gone
down in my estimations ever since I saw a bunch of human excrement on a
towel around this time last year...reminds me though, I'll probably be
there again this coming weekend :((

> I hope that doesn't mean they have one NT box per screen...

No, they have multiple graphics adapters in each box (IIRC betwen 6 and 8
or something). Still, it's funny when those systems crash...

/me goes back to work/playing with new webcam[0]...

--jcm

[0] Game apparently always did sell the dexxa ones but don't any more. I
bought a Creative Weblaster (not the Go cheapo one) for 24.99quid - then
went in to Dixons accross the road and laughed at them over there's being
49.99 for exactly the same product (barcodes match and everything). Only
scary thing was the guy behind the counter in Game recognising my name
(he's ex-Nottingham)... anyway, hopefully this webcam will work.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk