[Gllug] new railtrack screens

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Tue Nov 13 16:47:50 UTC 2001

On Tue, Nov 13, 2001 at 01:54:09PM +0000, Jon Masters wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Nov 2001, SteveC wrote:
> > I hope that doesn't mean they have one NT box per screen...
>
> No, they have multiple graphics adapters in each box (IIRC betwen 6 and 8
> or something). Still, it's funny when those systems crash...

You're left wondering what they'll do when people stop making PCI
graphic cards. Yes, I know it's a hypothetical situation, because
we'll be on the next-gen bus connectors by then, but *shrugs*

Always thought that the AGP might be ideal for some really intensive
IO, either disk or network, though....

Cheers,

Simon

--
The best book on programming for the layman is "Alice in Wonderland";
but that's because it's the best book on anything for the layman.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk