[Gllug] M$/PPTP & VPN

Rob Andrews rob at impure.org.uk
Tue Nov 20 17:12:14 UTC 2001

[20-Nov-2001 16:11.52 (GMT) / Lee Blackwell]
 > I'm struggling to get pppd & pptd working properly...  I'm trying to get
 > VPN tunnels working (against a M$ server using their version of CHAP).
 > Anyone manage it so far?  Mail me off list if preferred.

You'll be pleased to know that there's MSCHAP82 as well as MSCHAP81.

With it, it brings MPPE 128-bit encryption, which requires a kernel patch.
pppd also needs to be patched.

I suffered this problem trying to connect to $FORMER_COMPANY's VPN with the
house gateway.

--

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk