[Gllug] Email Formats was Where has the modem gone

Lee Blackwell lee_blackwell at eur.3com.com
Wed Nov 21 16:28:21 UTC 2001

> HTML is not for email, I am not saying that anyone said that it is and
> a decent mail format would be nice for business but please not HTML.
On a similar topic, 3com uses Notes/Domino for mail, and often, people are
colouring, highlighting and god knows what else.

I d/l my mail via POP3, and it's forced into plaintext mode at the server
end; I can still understand all the mails, conversation threads etc
without all the silly formatting.

Whats most amusing is when I send my business related mails back in to the
corp servers for corporate users, I get told that the mails I send, nicely
reformatted in plain text, are clear and easy to read/understand.

Strange that.

Lee

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk