[Gllug] GLLUG:Samba

Davies Sue sue.davies at lbbd.gov.uk
Wed Nov 14 09:15:23 UTC 2001

Hi

I'm having a little trouble.  I was asked last week to set up a file server
on a linux box using Samba, this is a pilot for the Tech Support Group
first.  If this one works well we may just see a few more.  I've built the
box, configured Samba and we can all see our individual folders.  However, I
have had problems with it.  Although joining the domain appeared to go quite
well it has taken nearly 48 hours for the server to appear in the browse
list.  This is probably due to another issue so I'm not overly worried about
it.  However I have one user, unfortunately he's my boss (it's always the
way) who is having trouble connecting.  Finally yesterday we managed to get
him sorted out yesterday and all was well.  This morning I had to come in
early and reboot, having given the machine apoplexy yesterday, when the boss
got in and logged in he can't pick up the share.  He's being prompted for a
username and password, when he supplies both it says he's unknown.  I would
really appreciate any help Ive been wading thru all the project
documentation and other stuff I can find but I'm at a loss.

Regards

Suzanne Davies
Technical Support Officer
IS & T
Civic Centre, Wood Lane, Dagenham, Essex, RM10
Tel: 0208 227 2737
Mobile : 07968 521262

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk