Evolution WAS Re: [Gllug] Webcam for 20 quid

David Irvine co2cool at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 13 13:12:43 UTC 2001

On Mon, 2001-11-12 at 11:50, SteveC wrote:
> * John Hearns (john.hearns at framestore.co.uk) wrote:
> > I was shopping in Tescos yesterday, and found a new webcam on their
> > shelves. At a cost of 20 pounds, I thought it must be no
> > good, but bought one anyway.
>
> Yay, the brave use Evolution :-)
Yeah indeed, it took me a while of hair pulling and random upgrading
downgrading to get it working but once it does i'm very impressed, i'm
not into mutt i prefer point and drewlyness when it comes to my email
(I'm sure its very good if you like that sort of thing) and i also like
the calender and stuff like that all bolted on together.  It reminds me
very much of another email client, somewhere, can't think where though,
although i can't find the 'Launch Virus' button anywhere :P

All joking aside, evolution is definatly on the way to becoming a very
powerful application, its got the potential to lure windows users away
from lookout since it can do anything lookout can, i think.

Cheers

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk