[Gllug] How can I revert a mail digest?

tet at accucard.com tet at accucard.com
Wed Nov 14 12:12:01 UTC 2001

>> >.. since (formail|procmail(ex|rc)?) will match formailrc (for example).
>>
>> No it won't.
>
>Yes it would. Note the use of ^ and $ in my Perl regex.

Nope. The regular expression itself wouldn't match formailrc. Tools
that do regular expression matching may well print some surrounding
context (in the case of egrep, that's the rest of the line containing
the match, and yes, it would pick up "formailrc"), but the regular
expression itself matches what it claims to, and no more. If you want
to match it alone on a line, then by all means add ^ and $ anchors...

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk