[Gllug] installing LINUX via PCMCIA to a laptop

Formi rcarrera at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Nov 18 16:07:11 UTC 2001

 My Thinkpad 560E runs Mandrake 8.1, it is a question of just of creating
 the install floppy with the pcmcia image.

 And it detects the pcmcia nic or cdrom without any further action, I have
 installed both from a NFS share and a pcmcia cdrom.

 No problems whatsoever, I haven't managed to get that far with FreeBSD
 4.4, but that's life.

 I suppose that as long as the pcmcia bridge/chipset is supported there
 shouldn't be any problem.

 Note "ancient laptop" doesn't qualify as "accurate description".

 Mine is one, and I am really happy with it.

                                                          Formi.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk