[Gllug] POP3 server

Robert Wood rob at empathymp3.co.uk
Wed Nov 28 15:03:53 UTC 2001

I know this is nto directly linux related, but i should imagine
the program(s) would be the same on bsd, what im trying to do is
to give my friends their own pop3 mailbox on my server, which i
have done, by making accounts for them on the server itself, but
as they will never need to login to the shell, i dont
particularly want to have all these accounts, so i was wondering,
is there a pop3 server program that i can run, where i can just
create pop3 mailbox accounts only? so say i have user "fred" i
dont want to give him a full account on my box, i just want him
to have a pop3 account.

I can do this on windows, but would really like to move this onto
my live server, ideally, i'd like to be able to control the size
of mailboxes, and would like it to be easy to admin.

Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

-Rob

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk