[Gllug] Getting ISPs to change DNS entries

Jim Bailey jim at lateral.net
Thu Nov 15 13:49:41 UTC 2001

Hi Paul,

two week sounds like an awfully long time to wait

we do this a lot for clients transferring domains and registering new ones
and have found this to be a good technique.

1)
follow the online documentation and automated admin systems best as you
can if this works then bonus.

2)
email them or contact them with your problem leave 2-3 working days
possibly sending a reminder after 48hrs

3)
Use the customer service number listed on your ex ISPs web site
remembering 1st to go to the toilet make a cup of coffee and gathered
enough reading material together keep you occupied while you wait and wait
and wait.

Peace Jim

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk