[Gllug] Gates, self proclaimed father of open-source

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Fri Nov 9 11:54:17 UTC 2001

On Fri, Nov 09, 2001 at 11:43:21AM +0000, Alain Williams wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 09, 2001 at 11:31:31AM +0000, Simon Stewart wrote:
> > Obi Wan Kenobi == RMS
> Nah: RMS is much more fundementalist - how about Yoda ?

"Hmmm... strong in source, is this one. But I sense much proprietry
software in him. Proprietry software leads to closed development,
closed development leads to closed products, closed products lead to
Microsoft...."

How about ESR as Obi Wan then?

Cheers,

Simon

--
As the saying goes, if you give a man a fish, he eats for a day. If you
teach him to grep for fish, he'll leave you alone all weekend. If you

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk