[Gllug] new railtrack screens

Matt Amos matt.amos at ic.ac.uk
Tue Nov 13 14:37:20 UTC 2001

On Tue, Nov 13, 2001 at 07:53:57AM -0500, SteveC wrote:
> Run NT... I saw a couple booting at Birmingham yesterday. The screens are
> side on, to make them tall. I hope that doesn't mean they have one NT box
> per screen...

theyre hardly new, theyve been at paddington and reading stations for at
least 9 months now...

i cant beleive theyd have one box per screen because they queue, ie: the
leftmost screen usually holds the next train to go, when it goes the
screens all shuffle along... it would be *horrible* to do that using
separate boxes!

they also have similar screens on the platforms and summary screens
elsewhere in the station... there must be about 30-40 screens at
reading... imagine 30-40 screen licenses for NT <shudder>

cya,

matt