[Gllug] Re: [OxLUG] hardware problems

Jon Masters jonathan at jonmasters.org
Sat Nov 3 03:55:27 UTC 2001

On Sat, 3 Nov 2001, Alain Williams wrote:

> It is a 1.4GHz athelon with 512Mb DDR ram

I just bought a 1.4GHz Tbird, 512MB DDR RAM, KG7-RAID also.

My interest would be in the precise components installed in that machine,
whether you're using things subject to timing errors, etc. If it's the
3com stuff then I'll be quite surprised, given that my rtl8139 is fine.
One of the boxen at work is running a slightly slower chip but otherwise
similar hardware to what you describe - are you sure this is limited to
FTP and not any network/disk traffic in general?

--jcm

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk