[Gllug] Proftpd

Pete Ryland pdr at pdr.cx
Wed Nov 28 10:02:38 UTC 2001

Dunno about the ServerIdent thing, but as far as name-based virtual hosts
goes, it is not possible.  Unlike http, when you connect to an ftp server,
you don't send it the server name you're requesting stuff off, you just
connect to the ftp port on the host and provide a name/passwd.  An
interesting solution (one which is used on my domain pdr.cx) is to use the
name/passwd to implement a virtual ftp host (i.e. ftp://pdr:pdr@ftp.pdr.cx/
is my virtual host).

Pete

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk