[Gllug] POP3 server

Robert Wood robert.wood at interhouse.redbus.com
Wed Nov 28 14:48:01 UTC 2001

I know this is nto directly linux related, but i should imagine the
program(s) would be the same on bsd, what im trying to do is to give my
friends their own pop3 mailbox on my server, which i have done, by making
accounts for them on the server itself, but as they will never need to login
to the shell, i dont particularly want to have all these accounts, so i was
wondering, is there a pop3 server program that i can run, where i can just
create pop3 mailbox accounts only? so say i have user "fred" i dont want to
give him a full account on my box, i just want him to have a pop3 account.

I can do this on windows, but would really like to move this onto my live
server, ideally, i'd like to be able to control the size of mailboxes, and
would like it to be easy to admin.

Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

-Rob

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk