[Gllug] Badtrans.b worm

Pete Ryland pdr at pdr.cx
Thu Nov 29 10:47:05 UTC 2001

On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 09:47:54AM +0000, Colin Coles wrote:
> > I was under the impression that Linux was relatively unaffected by such
> > things (possibly due to anti-Microsoft sentiment)?
>
> Uninfected, yes, unaffected, no.

To elaborate, Linux can not be infected by such viruses but if you run your
office's mail server on Linux, and your workstations on ms-windows, your
management will expect you to take measures not to allow infected mail to be
recieved by the workstations.  Hence, if you are a system administrator, you
will generally still need to deal with virus-removing software, even if the
Linux boxen themselves are not suseptible.

Pete

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk