[Gllug] converting Konqueror bookmarks to Mozilla

Dean dean.wilson3 at virgin.net
Mon Nov 12 12:50:09 UTC 2001

On Mon, Nov 12, 2001 at 11:30:20AM +0000, Richard Cohen wrote:
> one who understood what I *meant* to write (good work on the DWIMNWIW there,
> John :-).

> I want my *browser* to pull bookmarks from a server somewhere, not an
> external program, not a CGI, not a sidebar (although that's pretty close).

The reason we ended up doing a sidebar was that there was no common way of
doing it in the browser. A sample com control was built for IE that sorta
worked (We never finished) but that was it.

> I want my bookmark drop-down menu in my browser to reflect something on a
> server somewhere, so, for example, when I add a new bookmark, what I'm
> actually doing is some kind of PUT to a server.  This would also open up the
> possibility of things like shared bookmarks, say between project members or
> within a company.

You've got my interest now. This seems like an ideal job for SOAP or XML-RPC to
make it easy to bolt clients together what ever the platform is.

Does anyone know what does Mozilla have in the way of pluginable components?

	Dean
--
Profanity is the one language all programmers understand
   --- Anon

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk