[Gllug] isntalling iptables

Stephen Harker steve at pauken.co.uk
Mon Nov 26 16:20:09 UTC 2001

On Monday 26 November 2001 13:59, you wrote:
> All,
>
> I want to install iptables but I haven't got a clue where to start.
>  I tried:
>
> #insmod iptables
>
> but it said that module was not found.  I guess it hasn't been
> installed (pretty much a standard RH 7.2 install).  Anyone have any
> idea how do I install it?  I am guessing one or two of you do :-)
>
> Will.
iptables is a package so use rpm to install it from an ftp site or
the install cdrom.  iptables is the command line program for tweaking
the actual tables in the kernel. This is assuming that the relevant
stuff is compiled into the kernel you are using (it usually is by
default)
--
Stephen Harker
steve at pauken.co.uk, http://www.pauken.co.uk