[Gllug] Gates, self proclaimed father of open-source

Vincent AE Scott gllug at codex.net
Fri Nov 9 15:55:07 UTC 2001

Jim Bailey(jim at lateral.net)@Fri, Nov 09, 2001 at 03:37:52PM +0000:
> Hi all,
>
> as a former charity and not for profit sector employee I can vouch that
> there is a point where charity has very little to do with helping those in
> need and everything to do with tax concessions and keeping up appearances.
>    For example Harrow Public School's rowing lake was built on charitable
> donations and was actually a selling point in their prospectus for a while.

yeah, but Bill and Melinda(?) do give shed loads of cash to worthwhile
causes, and its not all in windows license tax write offs.  i do have a
level of respect for the man, as he doesnt take *every* opportunity to
let people know how much of a nice guy he really is.

PGP key:  http://codex.net/pgp/pgp.asc

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk