[Gllug] Star office

Richard Cohen richard at vmlinuz.org
Thu Nov 22 20:55:31 UTC 2001

On Thu, 22 Nov 2001 kim at aldigital.co.uk wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 21, 2001 at 10:09:23PM +0000, Richard Cohen wrote:
> > On Wed, 21 Nov 2001, Kim Hawtin wrote:
> > > whats happening with star office 6?
> > >
> > > i have been told that its shipping in beta ...
> >
> > Yup, beta's been out for a while.
> > <unofficial>
> > I think the release is targetted at Q1
> > </unofficial>
>
> and what is the licence for SO6 then?

<unofficial>
As far as I know, SO6 will be under the same license (possibly give or take
some legal crap, but same effect) as SO5.2 - free for any use, only real
restriction is on redistribution.

OpenOffice is, give or take, as to StarOffice as Mozilla is to Netscape 6.
OpenOffice is free, GPLed or SISSLed, Open Source.  SO6 is free, closed
source, beer.

Or something like that...
</unofficial>

> yours,