[Gllug] Office software

Darran D. Rimron-Molloy darran at rimron.co.uk
Thu Nov 15 22:26:23 UTC 2001

> Applixware (now anywhere www.applixware.com ) = used to be very clunky,
> their site has no demo.

> Does anyone recommend applixware?  Or do I have to wait another few
> months for one of the other three to improve?

The installer used to be hard-coded to use a minimum res of 800 x 600 and
ran at less but was unusable. When I used it (about 12 month ago, when we
were flatmates, I think I even stole the CD from you!) the developers had
been quite arrogant in the development (presumptions on resources, screen
res, etc) and I found the UI to be quite clunky and unpleasent to use -
can't comment on actual ability of the apps. I hated the UI so much I
de-installed it.

	-Darran

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk