[Gllug] Blueyonder to use linux and Squirrelmail for web mail

French, Alastair Alastair.French at racalinst.co.uk
Wed Nov 21 10:41:33 UTC 2001

Though this might be of interest

>From yesterdays update announcement

Work is continuing from our BTS [Broadband Technical Services] team - who
manage the platform Webmail runs on - with our vendors, Microsoft and
Hewlett
Packard, on tracing the Webmail problems. A test environment is up and
running
at our Knowsley offices as we work on replicating the problem.

We have vendors from our caching providers, Net App, on site early this week

to work with our BTS team also, as we work towards resolution of this issue.

At the same time, we are working on a contingency to get an alternative
Webmail solution up and running. Some of the servers that are spare capacity

in the Webmail cluster are having LINUX installed on them, and will have the

SquirrelMail [] program installed on them as an alternative solution. A
product specification for this is being written at the moment, and will be
the starting point for us moving forward with this solution should we need
to.

Alastair French

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential. It may also be legally privileged. It is intended only for the stated addressee(s) and access to it by any other person is unauthorised. If you are not an addressee, you must not disclose, copy, circulate or in any other way use or rely on the information contained in this e-mail. Such unauthorised use may be unlawful.

If you have received this e-mail in error, please inform RACAL INSTRUMENTS LTD. immediately by phoning +44 (0)1628 604455 (ask for the I.T. dept) and delete it and all copies from your system.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk