[Gllug] Wireless local loop provider in London area.

Vincent AE Scott gllug at codex.net
Tue Nov 13 01:46:18 UTC 2001

Xander D Harkness(xander at harkness.co.uk)@Mon, Nov 12, 2001 at 07:08:21PM +0100:
> I thought a few people might be interested in http://www.tele2.co.uk
>
> This is not a sales pitch; however I have been looking to buy a
> connection at home and this seems to be a reasonable price.  Hence I
> just signed up I will advise on how the installation goes ;-)  In
> addition as it does not use a telephone line there are no line rental
> charges for an extra line.  (I was told that ADSL would not run on my
> existing lines)
>
> The lady on the phone says that if the engineer sees a couple of
> networked PCs they will not install the single user package - Time to
> shut off a few rooms in the house!!

hmmm, the only thing ive heard about tele2, is there a scandanavian
company, and that in their home country they launched an un-metered
wireless service.  which by all accounts was great to start with, really
fast.  and then when more people got conencted to it, it slowed down
below 28.8.  and people got really annoyed.  i heard about back on the
consume list, a long time ago, so if you wont more info, go searching
the archives.  for the time being i wouldnt trust them, and i'd place
them in the same category as BTi.  if you do go for em, make sure you
can get out of a lengthy contract if they fsck you over.

but, dont trust me, do you own research, look for any negative info, and
weigh it up against the marketing spiel.

--

PGP key:  http://codex.net/pgp/pgp.asc

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk